Jobs at Hahn Film – Set Designer
Hahn Film AG is one of the leading animation studios in Europe located in Berlin, having created and produced popular 2D and 3D feature films and TV series for the international market for 30 years.
Summary of the Role
The set designer works with the production designer and art director to translate approved production illustrations into drawings for set construction. Utilizing production illustrations as a starting point, the set designer defines the look or aesthetic sensibility of the illustrations.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in artistic animation production for feature films and TV series
- Strong aesthetic sense and ability to interpret the unique style of the project into 2D/3D animation
- Must be proficient in a variety of related software, e.g. Photoshop.
Familiarity with Illustrator and Maya is considered an asset.
- Clear understanding of miniature scale and forced perspective
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Consistently strives to expand knowledge base
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of 3D / 2D workflows and 3D environmental pipelines a plus
- Design interior and exterior sets based on approved visual development
- Explore and present the visual direction for environments/sets and props as a means to provide the roadmap for the storyboard team during visual development and pre-production, simultaneously meeting the highest of quality, aesthetically and technically
- Able to convey artistic style of a given project through drawings
- Ensure that file management and archiving of art work is maintained throughout the course of production
- Gather suitable reference material from various sources
- Work in adherence to budget and schedule constraints while maintaining the project’s overall look and mood
Please apply at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org