Jobs at Hahn Film – Episodic Director Animation
EPISODIC DIRECTOR ANIMATION
Hahn Film AG is one of the leading animation studios in Europe located in Berlin, having created and produced popular 2D and 3D feature films and TV series for the international market for 30 years.
Summary of the Role
The episodic director requires a thorough knowledge of the animation pipeline. Successful applicants must have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production.
- Minimum of 5 years’ directorial experience in animated feature films and TV series
- Strong, proven skills in storyboarding, animation camera composition, storytelling and animation timing required.
- Exceptional working knowledge of animation and post production techniques and terminology required
- Knowledge of CG and/or ToonBoom Harmony and Storyboard Pro a plus
- Must be a natural story-teller with strong visual sensibilities.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of production crew, artistic staff, and management
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Strong organizational, project management and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- Experience working with overseas studios in a global production environment
- A broad knowledge of artistic styles, latest technologies and film
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Portfolio and reel demonstrating drawing skills and work experience required.
- Fluency in English
- Partnering with the supervising director, art director and production manager, the episodic director participates in all creative aspects and in all phases of the production to achieve the overall completion of an episode.
- Consult with and advise the persons responsible for writing the script
- Work with the studio to enable the preparation of a comprehensive and detailed budget and schedule for the production
- Supervise all necessary pre-production activities in accordance with the approved budget and schedule
- Direct the production of the respective episode as efficiently and economically as possible and in accordance with the final shooting script, budget and schedule
- Organise and supervise the post production (editing, post-synchronizing, scoring, dubbing, special and optical effects and titling, as well as the production of any retakes
Please apply at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org