Jobs at Hahn Film – Character Designer
Hahn Film AG is one of the leading animation studios in Europe located in Berlin, having created and produced popular 2D and 3D feature films and TV series for the international market for 30 years.
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a talented character designer with previous production experience to create detailed and accurate designs for characters. The ideal candidate should be able to adapt to any style and should have strong, independent creative skills. We are looking for portfolios that show a sound understanding of human/creature form, a variety of styles, mouth charts, hand charts and turnarounds. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your own personal style to shape the development of the project.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in artistic animation production for feature films and TV series
- Excellent illustration skills such as drawing, composition, perspective
- A strong understanding of proportion, balance, perspective, dimension and dynamism
- Ability to visually interpret a rough written concept in an original and compelling manner
- Draw a variety of quick sketches showing different approaches for the same design
- Confident working independently
- Proficiency using Photoshop is required. Familiarity with Illustrator, ZBrush and Maya is considered an asset.
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Well organized with excellent time management skills
- Consistently strives to expand knowledge base
- Fluency in English
- Working with the director, producer, art director and other designers to create engaging, performable characters in accordance with the style of the project
- Translating character description and attitude from script to visual design
- Submitting multiple design variations and revisions based on feedback from the directors
- Creating model sheets of character turnarounds and facial/anatomical expressions
Please apply at the following email address: email@example.com