Jobs at Hahn Film – Art Director Animation
Art Director Animation
Hahn Film AG is one of the leading animation studios in Europe located in Berlin, having created and produced popular 2D and 3D feature films and TV series for the international market for 30 years.
Summary of the Role
This is a key leadership role that partners with the executive producer, production manager, director and creative producers to execute the creative vision of the project while keeping within the schedule and budget. The art director will work directly with the team to ensure a quality and consistency of style throughout the production, from development to final picture.
Hahn Film is producing both 2D (ToonBoom) and 3D projects and candidates with either specialization are welcome.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in artistic animation production for feature films and TV series
- Deep understanding of all aspects of a 3D and/or 2D workflow from the first designs to the final grading
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with creatives and executives, collaborate with peers and manage and mentor artists
- Experience working with overseas studios
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Excellent skills in drawing, composition, color concept, moods and light.
- Excellent skills in photoshop
- Skills in 3D software and toon boom harmony is a plus
- A broad knowledge of artistic styles, latest technology and film
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Fluency in English
- Work closely with the executive producer and director(s) on all aspects of the production’s look and mood
- Set the visual style of the project, creating conceptual and production artwork
- Oversee assembly and approval of main model pack
- Maintaining the highest quality and consistency of style throughout the production
- Checking and commenting the lighting/compositing from internal and external teams, to ensure the highest standard
- Oversee entire design team including designers, BG painters and colour stylists, delegating tasks and monitoring schedules to create and maintain consistency with the design of the project
- Mentoring of junior artists and team
- Approve all colour backgrounds and colour created by the colour stylists for the characters, props and effects
- Maintain production schedule provided by the production manager to ensure cost effective, timely production
- Communication and problem solving with sub-contracted animation studios
Please apply at the following email address: email@example.com